Large call for 10 fully-funded PhD positions in Vienna including 3 projects targeting social neuroscience and neuroimaging
1. Led by Stefanie Höhl (entw-psy.univie.ac.at/en/research/ ) on neural entrainment in infants
2. Led by Claus Lamm (scan-psy.univie.ac.at/ ) on pro-social environmental and sustainable decision-making.
3. Led by Tecumseh Fitch (cogbio.univie.ac.at/people/staff/tecumseh-fitch/) on the comparative neural basis of music and speech
See below for more details and visit: cogcom.univie.ac.at/doctoral-program/research-projects-proposed/
Duration of contract: 3 years with the potential prolongation of another 12 months
Extent of Employment: 30.0 hours/week. Occupation group in accordance with Austrian University collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (pre-doc).
Research Topics: Candidates should have a good knowledge of the types of research the faculty performs, and specify their research interests and potential supervisor(s). For an overview of the research interests and potential research topics, see our website at cogcom.univie.ac.at<cogcom.univie.ac.at/>.
· Participation in research, teaching and administration, including:
· Participation in scientific research
· Participation in peer-reviewed publications / public presentations
· Successful candidates must sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 6-12 months
· Participation in teaching and supervision of students
· Involvement in the organization of meetings, conferences, symposiums
Profile of qualification:
· Training (conceptual and methodological) in behavioral and/or cognitive biology, neuroscience, psychology or related disciplines
· Excellent command of English (both spoken and written)
· Very good ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
· Strong IT user skills (including statistics)
· Ability to work in a multi-national team
· Previous experience in research methods and academic writing
· Knowledge of academic processes and structures
· Experience abroad (research, study, or both)
An application including a letter of motivation, academic curriculum vitae, publication record, evidence of teaching experience (if available), and a short description of one or more potential research project(s) including personal insights and/or reflections, should be uploaded at our website cogcom.univie.ac.at<cogcom.univie.ac.at/> no later than March 1st 2021. Potential supervisors and projects should be specified in ranked order. For further information please contact our coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
The Universities pursue a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (diversity.univie.ac.at/). The Universities put special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Seeking a postdoctoral research scholar with prior research and mental health training to work on a mobile health and depression study. The position will start in late Spring or Summer 2021 at the Center for Healthy Minds, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Simon B....