(PI: Maital Neta, http://psychology.unl.edu/can-lab/) invites applications for a full-time Research Specialist (start date negotiable). The lab uses functional neuroimaging, psychophysiology, behavioral techniques, and network analyses to examine individual differences in emotion processing and emotion regulation.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in every stage of research, including (1) stimulus/task development and programming experiments, (2) recruitment and collection of human subject data, (3) analysis of data, and (4) assisting in the preparation of grant and manuscripts. In addition, in their managerial capacity they will perform administrative duties (e.g., IRB administration, purchasing) and help train and supervise lab personnel (e.g., undergraduate research assistants).
This position is ideal for individuals interested in pursuing graduate studies in psychology and/or neuroscience, as it will foster expertise in a variety of theoretical and methodological approaches in these fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, computer science, or related field – Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Research experience in psychology or neuroscience
- Proficiency with a programming language such as R, Matlab or Python is preferred, and special consideration will be given to individuals with experience collecting and/or analyzing neuroimaging data.
To apply, please fill out the application form at https://forms.gle/xdtA9JqXA4mgQqME7
You will need your CV and the contact information for 2-3 references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and proceed on a rolling basis. For full consideration, apply by February 1st, 2023.
- Job Title: Research Assistants / Technicians
- Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab
- Name of Supervisor: Dr. Maital Neta
- Review of applications will begin immediately and proceed on a rolling basis. For full consideration, apply by February 1st, 2023.