A postdoc position focusing on sociocultural contexts and adolescent brain development is available in the School of Education and Social Policy at Northwestern University, Evanston, under the supervision of Dr. Yang Qu. The postdoc is expected to collect, process, analyze fMRI data for an ongoing study, and prepare manuscripts for publication. Responsibilities also include assistance with grant writing and helping to oversee lab personnel (staff, graduate students, undergraduate RAs). Opportunities for participation in and authorship on publications will be encouraged. Strong expertise in fMRI analyses is required. A background in developmental or neurocognitive psychology is preferred, but any social science background with appropriate expertise will be considered. The position is initially for 1 year with the possibility of additional years of funding. Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.
- Ph.D. in relevant social science discipline
- Expertise in fMRI task design (e.g., E-Prime, PsychoPy, or PsychToolBox)
- Expertise in fMRI data collection using 3T MRI scanner
- Expertise in fMRI analysis (e.g., FSL, AFNI, or SPM)
- Project management and mentoring skills
Applications Should Include
- cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for this position;
- curriculum vitae;
- representative publications;
- the names and contact information of three references;
- questions about the position can be sent to Dr. Yang Qu (email@example.com), and the full application package should be sent to Beiming Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email subject “Postdoc application”.