Dr. Ziaei group at the Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience (KISN) explores the structural and functional neural networks underlying social and emotional processing in aging. We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic postdoctoral fellow to join the lab to help better understand the emotional and brain changes that occur in aging using our newly established 7T scanner. We have access to clinical samples and we will have rich behavioral, neuroimaging, and real-life data that could help us to tackle this topic.
More specifically, Dr Ziaei’s group aims to explore how individual differences in cognitive functions and biological markers influence brain networks involved in processing social and emotional cues in the environment. We are running a multi-component, longitudinal, comprehensive study to explore biological, neural, and behavioral responses to social and emotional cues. Additionally, we are interested to investigate if these factors contribute to mental health among older adults.
- A PhD in psychology, neuroscience, biomedical sciences, or related fields
- Expertise in design and analyses of fMRI data (preferably task-based fMRI data)
- Expertise in univariate analyses (e.g., SPM, FSL) and programming (e.g., R and Matlab)
- Experience in multivariate analyses and network analyses
- Excellent academic record with scientific publication in relevant fields
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in analyzing large MRI dataset
- Familiarity with analyses of structural MRI data (volumetric and/or DTI analyses)
- Research experience with older adults’ population
Please visit the following link for further information on the job description and selection criteria: Postdoctoral fellow 3-years 100% position in Ziaei group (211111) | NTNU – Norwegian University of Science and Technology (jobbnorge.no)