The Leavitt Lab directed by Dr. Victoria Leavitt within the Cognitive Neuroscience Division of the Department of Neurology/Columbia University is accepting applications for a full-time neuroimaging research assistant. Note that there is initial flexibility around remote work in this position, with the plan to move toward in-person work later. The position start dates are flexible (ideally August 2021).
Primary responsibilities will include structural and functional neuroimaging data analysis for ongoing studies involving cognition and multiple sclerosis. The research assistant will be the ‘point person’ for multiple projects. S/he will implement and refine existing neuroimaging analysis protocols/pipelines, monitor MRI data acquisition and transfer and be accountable for imaging analysis deadlines. As workload permits, there are opportunities for involvement in scholarly activities such as participation in seminars, case conferences, and manuscript preparation/co-authorship.
Requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of related experience, or equivalent in education, training and experience.
• Specific knowledge in the analysis of structural and functional MRI and diffusion tensor imaging (including experience with FSL, FreeSurfer, SPM, ANTS, DSI Studio, MRtrix) is helpful, but not strictly required.
• Prior knowledge of or interest in cognition and neurological populations (i.e., dementia, multiple sclerosis) would be useful.
• The successful applicant must have familiarity with the use of Linux and MATLAB and/or Python and have a background in psychology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, computer science, math, physics, or related fields.
• Must be able to prioritize assignments and work independently, but also collaborate effectively with the team.
• The ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and meet internal and external deadlines is essential.
• Must be highly organized, enthusiastic, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Due to the funding sources for this position, applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
Interested individuals should email a cover letter, CV, and names and contact information of 2 references to Victoria Leavitt at email@example.com.