A full-time research assistant is sought by the Social Developmental Neuroscience Laboratory (PI Dr. Johanna Jarcho) at Temple University to begin in Summer/Fall 2023. Research in the Social Developmental Neuroscience Lab focuses on the neural mechanisms that shape social cognition across development, or increase risk for and expression of deficits in social competence linked to psychopathology (http://www.sdnlaboratory.com/). The individual who fills this position will also work closely with Dr. Chelsea Helion (https://sites.temple.edu/sanlab) and Dr. Deepu Murty (https://sites.temple.edu/adaptivememorylab) on ongoing collaborations.
The applicant will participate in numerous aspects of research (e.g., recruiting, screening participants, study design and implementation, preprocessing and analysis of behavioral and neuroimaging data, preparation of publications), contribute to day-to-day operations of the labs (e.g., various administrative duties, oversight of volunteer RAs, IRB management), and perform other duties as assigned. This position is ideal for a highly motivated individual who plans to apply to graduate school in psychology or related fields.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree obtained by start date and at least 6 months of directly related experience. This includes volunteer or paid work. Experience in a lab within a psychology or a related field’s department is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills.
* Strong project management, organizational, and planning skills.
* Some experience managing or monitoring the work of others.
* Comfortable giving presentations to small groups.
Preferred Prior Experience
* Interfacing with REDCap
* Working with neuroimaging data (e.g., AFNI, SPM, FSL, Freesurfer), programming languages (e.g., Python, Matlab), and/or Linux environments.
* Working with statistical computing software (e.g., R, SPSS)
* Collecting neuroimaging data
* Interfacing with clinical and/or adolescent populations
Essential Functions of Position
* Data Analysis: study design, data management, and analysis (25%)
* Coordination: coordination of scheduling, budgeting, approval of research by oversight bodies, and administrative tasks of the laboratory (45%)
* Management: training and supervising volunteer research assistants (30%)
To apply, please send your CV to Katie Dow () and submit your formal materials here: https://careers.temple.edu/careers-temple/search-and-apply-jobs
Job number: 23002216
The application closes August 21st